A so soft and moist bread bursting with sweet peach flavor! This seasonally inspired quick bread is made with fresh roasted peaches, wholesome ingredients, and the perfect way to start off a late spring or summer day. This healthy almond flour sweet bread tastes like a delicious bite of summertime and is paleo-friendly (gluten/grain/dairy free) and refined sugar free!
What Does This Healthy Quick Bread Taste Like?
This Roasted Peach Bread has a wonderfully soft and moist crumb with an addictingly crunchy crust. Roasting the peaches before mixing it into the bread batter really brings out the natural sweetness in the fruit and amps up the peach flavor. The bread is spiced with cinnamon and ginger which go so well with peach, it’s just perfectly sweet making it perfect for breakfast, an anytime snack, or alongside your afternoon coffee or tea.
Here’s why you will LOVE this Peach Bread!
- So easy to make!
- Roasting the peaches gives this bread big peach flavor.
- Perfect as a healthy breakfast or coffee accompaniment.
- A fun seasonally inspired almond flour sweet bread.
- Paleo friendly and made with unrefined ingredients!
What Ingredients Are Used to Make This Paleo Sweet Bread?
This Roasted Peach Bread is made healthier as it contains no refined sugars, flours, or oils. This almond flour sweet bread is paleo-friendly meaning it is gluten free, grain free, and dairy free. You’ll only need 11 real, simple ingredients to make this bread!
Here’s a look at the ingredients you’ll need and some possible variations:
- Fresh Peaches – Roasting the fruit beforehand really enhances the peach flavor and makes it easier to integrate into the bread batter. You’ll need about 3 medium peaches, a little over a pound, to make 1 cup of peach mash. When buying peaches search for ones that have minimal bruising and look for darker fruit. Just remember “the redder the better”. This is also the perfect place to use those overripe or neglected fruit hanging around your fridge.
- Maple Sugar – I have been using more maple sugar in my recipes as it keeps baked goods on the lighter side and the flavor is a bit more neutral than coconut sugar. However, it is a bit pricey. Feel free to sub, in equal amounts, for coconut sugar.
- Avocado Oil – A heart healthy oil that adds moisture to the bread and helps crisp the crust.
- Eggs – Creates a light and airy texture in the bread.
- Vanilla – For flavor and goes so well with peach.
- Almond Flour – Is the perfect flour for a quick bread. It adds a nice richness and creates a soft texture in the loaf. I use and love Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour.
- Tapioca Flour – Helps thicken the batter without making it too dense.
- Cinnamon – A classic spice to pair with peach.
- Ginger – Adds more flavor and brings out the peach flavor.
- Baking Powder – Gives the bread the perfect rise.
- Salt – To enhance all the flavors and balance the sweetness.
How Do You Make This Healthy Peach Breakfast Recipe?
This Roasted Peach Bread is SO quick and easy to make. While the bread does take a while to bake, assembling the bread is a breeze! Here’s an overview of the steps and a few tips.
- Peel, slice, and roast the peaches. It’s only three peaches so prepping the fruit is fast! Roast the peaches until they are soft and bubbling.
- Prepare the loaf pan and lower the oven heat. Use any loaf baking dish you like! This is my favorite loaf pan and I use this eco-friendly parchment paper.
- Make the batter. First mix the wet ingredient, then stir in the wet. That’s it!
- Mash the peaches. Once cool, place the peaches in a bowl or measuring cup and mash the peaches with a fork, potato masher, or muddler (my weapon of choice) until no large chunks remain. You should get 1 cup of peach mash.
- Stir peach mash into the bread batter until fully incorporated. Make sure the peach mash is completely cool before adding it to the batter.
- Bake! This is a lot of loaf and takes a while to bake, about 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes. It’s done when the top looks completely set and any batter in the cracks is dry, not wet. Test for doneness by piercing the center with a toothpick. It should come out dry.
Storage: Keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days, then move to freezer for longer storage.
This Roasted Peach Bread is such a fun and unique way to use a delicious seasonal ingredient that is so prevalent this time of year. This bread so soft and moist and packed with peach flavor, plus made with wholesome ingredients, it’s the perfect summertime breakfast or anytime snack!
paleo friendly (gluten/grain/dairy free), refined sugar free
Check Out These Easy Summer Quick Bread Recipes!
SHARE THE LOVE!
If you make this recipe, please spread the love by leaving a review or rating down below. And I’d LOVE to see and share your creation! Take a picture and tag me on Instagram @freshlydafna in your feed or stories and I will share on my account!
Healthy Roasted Peach Bread
A so soft and moist bread made with fresh roasted peaches. This seasonally inspired quick bread is made with wholesome ingredients and the perfect way summertime breakfast or anytime snack!
paleo friendly (gluten/grain/dairy free), refined sugar free
Roasted Peach Mash
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced to 1/2 inch thick a little over 1 lb whole fruit
- 1 tsp maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (98 grams) maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 eggs ideally room temp
- 1/4 cup (61 grams) avocado oil sub olive oil or melted & cooled coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups (300 grams) almond flour, packed
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (45 grams) tapioca flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- loaf toppings: coarse sugar such as organic cane sugar, turbinado, or demerara, chopped nuts, finely sliced peaches optional
Roast the peaches. Heat oven to 400 degrees and arrange the sliced peaches on a parchment paper or silpat lined baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon over the peaches. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until peaches are soft and bubbling. Roast time will depend on how ripe your peaches are so be sure to watch the oven. Once roasted, set aside to cool.
Reduce oven to 350 degrees and prepare a loaf pan by lining with parchment paper leaving a short overhang off the sides.
Make the bread batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl if mixing by hand, beat together the maple sugar, eggs, avocado oil, and vanilla until light and bubbly.
Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt and stir until well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again until ingredients are fully incorporated.
Mash the peaches. Once cool, place the peaches in a bowl or measuring cup and mash the peaches with a fork, potato masher, or muddler until no large chunks remain. This should yield 1 cup of peach mash.
Stir peach mash into the bread batter until fully incorporated. Make sure the peach mash is completely cool before adding it to the batter.
Pour batter into the loaf pan and spread it out into an even layer. Add toppings to your loaf if you like!
Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minute or until top has puffed and batter in the crack looks baked and not wet. Test for doneness by poking a toothpick into the center, it should come out clean.
Let cool for 20 minutes in the loaf pan, then use paper overhang to lift loaf out of the pan and let cool on a wire rack for ideally 1 hour. Waiting to cut into the loaf keeps the bread moist without it getting soggy. Then slice and enjoy!
Freshly Dafna is on Pinterest! Save this recipe by pinning this image!
This post may contain affiliate links. Any product I include in a post is one that I’m currently using and loving. If you do choose to purchase these products, I may earn a commission, which helps support my site and the free content I provide.